Your Personal Development Resource Center

Nightingale-Conant

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Personal Evaluation

Hello to all!

If you have been wondering where I've been, I've been doing some soul searching. You get to a point in your life when you begin to assess and evaluate where you have been and where you are headed. Rapidly approaching my 4oth birthday, I have made a vow that my "latter days shall be greater" than my former days.

You may be at that point in your life or have already surpassed it. Nonetheless, each and every one of us should do this - more frequently than I have. We should all be trying to reach higher levels personally, financially, spirtually and professionally. In doing so, there may be some overlap in these areas. If not, you are living a disjointed life.

Areas that I have been focusing on, in particular, are my spiritual and professional lives. These two will impact the other areas of my life tremendously. Let me define what I mean by these two areas:

Spritiually - my desire is to draw as close to God as HE will allow. HE desires an intimate relationship with HIM for us. One of my prayers is for wisdom and understanding of HIS plans for my life. Jeremiah 29:11 tells me that HE knows the plans for me, therefore I am listening as HE reveals them.

Professionally - my desire in this area is to become the most requested coach and motivational speaker in the world. Sounds a bit ambitious? It should because of my desire above. One of my favorite scriptures is, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." With this in mind this desire is definitely possible - and then some.

Are these the only areas I have evaluated? No. But these are the two I chose to share with you. You should identify those areas important in your life and see where they are taking you. You may be on the right track but if you do not move (i.e. take action) you'll get run over.

Before I close, here are a few things I have accomplished in recent months:

1. Secured a business license to practice coaching.

2. Self-published my first book (F.O.C.U.S. On Your Future: 5 Simple Principles to Reach Your Goals).

3. Coming in May - a FREE newsletter, ChalkTalk with The People's Coach

Other projects are in the works, including blogging with you all on a regular basis.

Til we meet again, BE CONTENT BUT DON'T SETTLE.



No comments: