Your Personal Development Resource Center

Nightingale-Conant

Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

For those of you whose mother is with you in the physical, cherish them everyday for the rest of their lives. You may take for granted who you have because she is here now. It has been 7 years since my mom passed away suddenly however, her memory lives inside of me everyday. I remember the laughter, the "Southern cooking" (she was from Alabama), the times she took care of me when I was sick, the times she whipped my butt and the many phone conversations we had when I moved away from home.

Even though she was my mom, she was also my bestest friend in the world. I miss her to this day though I am most appreciative of the things she instilled in me that has made me who I am today. She instilled things such as:
  • If you don't know, ASK.
  • If you quit, you will never know if you can do it (I contemplated quitting the track team in junior high school)
  • If you want to grow old, keep living. And most importantly,
  • Things don't always stay the same.

Moms have a way of making you feel better just when you need to feel better. They also will tell you the truth about yourself. Cherish and love yours for the rest of her life and treasure the memories after she's gone. I know I will. So to all the mothers - living and non-living:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments: